Karthik V. Sarma
- UCLA Bioengineering
- UCLA-Caltech Medical Scientist Training Program
Karthik is an MD-PhD student at the UCLA-Caltech Medical Scientist Training Program, currently pursuing his PhD at the UCLA Medical Imaging Informatics group. Prior to that, he was an undergraduate at the California Institute of Technology, from which he received a B. Sc. (hons) in Computer Science. His research focuses on the development of clinical decision support tools based on models derived from medical data, with a particular interest in applying deep learning tools to medical imaging.
Karthik is a member of several professional societies, including AMIA, IEEE, and the ACM. He is also a member of the AMA, CMA, and LACMA, and has served as a member of the board of trustees of the California Medical Association, a member of the CMA's Council on Information Technology, and as the inaugural chair of the American Medical Association Medical Student Section's Health Information Technology Task Force.
- Ho KC, Scalzo F, Sarma KV, El-Saden S, Arnold CW. A Temporal Deep Learning Approach for MR Perfusion Parameter Estimation in Stroke. 23rd International Conference on Pattern Recognition. Cancun; 2016.
- Sarma KV, Zhong X, Ho KC, Margolis DJA, Raman S, Scalzo F, Sung KH, Tan N, Arnold C. An Investigational Patch-based Convolutional Neural Network Model for the Detection of Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer using Multiparametric MRI. 2016 Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America. Chicago, IL; 2016.
- Ho KC, Scalzo F, Sarma KV, El-Saden S, Bui AAT, Arnold CW. A Novel Bi-Input Convolutional Neural Network for Deconvolution-Free Estimation of Stroke MR Perfusion Parameters. 2016 Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America. Chicago, IL; 2016.
- Sarma KV, Zhong X, Ho KC, Margolis DJA, Raman S, Scalzo F, Sung KH, Tan N, Arnold CW. Development of a Deep Learning Model for the Detection of Prostate Cancer using MRI. Gordon Research Conference in Advanced Health Informatics. Hong Kong; 2016.
- Oh A, Arnold CW, Vangala S, Wallace DW, Genshaft SJ, Sarma K, Aberle DR. Imaging-histologic discordance at percutaneous biopsy of the lung. Acad Radiol. 2015;22:481–7. DOI: 10.1016/j.acra.2014.11.009. PDF
- McNamara M, Arnold CW, Sarma K, Aberle DR, Garon EB, Bui AAT. Patient portal preferences: Perspectives on imaging information. J Assoc Inf Sci Technol. 2015;66:1606–15. DOI: 10.1002/asi.23269. PDF
- McNamara M, Sarma K, Aberle DR, Bui AAT, Arnold CW. Data model for personalized patient health guidelines: An exploratory study. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2014. p. 1835–44. PDF
- McNamara M, Arnold CW, Sarma K, Aberle DR, Bui AAT. Patient portal for NSCLC with supporting health information. RSNA Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL; 2013.